Led by our club member Norma Rung, the effort provided items such as toiletries, underwear, clothing of all types including socks and shoes, winter coats and more (all clothing must be new with tags).
Recently, a list of newly requested items was received from the Lyon Campus and distributed to members of our women’s club. As a member of the community, you too can help. Donations can be dropped off at Hopatcong Community Resource & Wellness Center, Hopatchung Rd (Walgreen’s Shopping Center). Call for hours: 973 810-3238.
New donations requested:
- Gift cards (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, etc.)
- Keurig K-Cup coffee and canned coffee
- Snacks (commercially wrapped/individually wrapped to include pudding for veterans with dysphagia)
- Store cards (Shoprite/Stop & Shop) and/or gift cards to be used for frozen food for veterans receiving care under the auspices of the CLC (Community Living Center)
- Headphones that wrap around veterans’ ears
- Oreo cookies (wrapped in 2 packets)
- Dishwasher soap
We thank you in advance for anything you can do to help us.
Any local women looking to make new friendships and find a special niche or special interest project are encouraged to contact Membership Chair Lisa Hirschfeld at 973-479-9228. To learn more about the NJSFWC (New Jersey State Federation of Women’s Clubs), visit the Federation’s website at www.njsfwc.org and to learn more about the GFWC (General Federation of women), visit www.gfwc.org. For more information about our local club, visit www.HopatcongWC.webs.com or like us on Facebook!